It is pronounced as "huronto garasu" and it is the transliteration of "front glass" but what is a "front glass"?


When I searched for "front glass" in eBay, lots of replacement screens for smart phones got displayed. But in Japanese, "front glass" has nothing to do with smart phones. Or "front glass" existed long before smartphones were developed. So what is it?


It is usually translated as "windshield" or "wind screen" in English. It is the glass panel in the front part of a car.

BTW, ガラス is for "glass" as a material only. "A glass" to hold drink is called either  グラス  (gurasu) or コップ (koppu). I am sure コップ comes from the English word, "cup."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: