- [person] は [activity] が じょうず です。= [person] is good at [activity]. (Do not use for yourself or other people’s professional skills)
- [person] は [activity] が へた です。= [person] is poor at [activity].
- [person] は [activity] が とくい です。= [person] is strong at [activity].
- [person] は [activity] が にがて です。= [person] is weak at [activity].
- あに は スポーツ が じょうずです。
ani wa supo-tsu ga jouzu desu.
My older brother is good at sports.
- (わたし は)* ギターが へた です。
(watashi wa)* gita- ga nigate desu.
I am bad at (playing) the guitar.
- あね は りょうり が とくい です。
ane wa ryouri ga tokui desu.
My older sister is strong at cooking
- はは は かいもの が にがて です。
haha wa kaimono ga nigate desu.
My mother is weak at shopping / My mother has aversion to shopping.
* ( ) part is often skipped.
Suggested Activities 1
Learn the following words and make sentences relevant to yourself and your family / friends.
Words for Activities
If you liked this post, please share it with your friends via your social media accounts. Your support will be appreciated!