Play is a difficult word to translate into Japanese because there are many different meanings. Following are some examples.
- 遊（あそ）ぶ – when children play or when people play with a pet or a toy.
- 吹（ふ）く – when you play a wind instrument
- 弾（ひ）く – when you play a string or keyboard instrument
- 再生（さいせい）する – when you playback a recording
- する – when you play a game
- 演（えん）じる – when you play a role (in a theatrical play)
If you are using an E to J dictionary to find a translation, I recommend you check the Japanese word in a J to E dictionary to cross check if it conveys the meaning you wanted to convey.
If you have liked this post, please share it using one of the following Social Media buttons. Thank you for visiting my page!